A Genuine Rudraksha Bead of good quality has a very long life and it can be passed on from generation to generations, if maintained properly. This is a Natural Bead and therefore if proper care & maintenance is not done then it can get damaged / broken being subjected to natural wear & tear at a faster pace. Similarly, a Rudraksha bead can also physically damaged if a person is not taking normal precautions while wearing it. Here are a few suggestions from our end so that your Rudraksha Beads lasts for a long time and continue to give you its Blessings :
1. The Rudraksha Beads / Mala / Bracelet received by you are already Energized as per Ancient Hindu Rituals ( A Pran Pratishtha Puja is performed by our learned Guruji ) before being sent to you, and therefore you do not have to perform any kind of ritual from your end. You may keep the Rudraksha beads at any pious place after you have received them from us and then start wearing them from any Monday morning after taking bath while reciting the Beej Mantra ” Om Namaha Shivaya ” for 11 times or the specific Beej Mantra of Rudraksha Bead. Thereafter you may continue wearing the Rudraksha on a regular basis.
2. We suggest you not to show your Rudraksha Beads to anyone after you have started wearing them since it reduces the positive effects / benefits of the bead as there are chances that the other person may have a Negative Aura / Negative Feelings towards Rudraksha beads or his hands may not be clean while touching the Rudraksha Bead.
3. It is advisable to remove the Rudraksha beads before going to sleep at night and wear them once again in the next morning after taking bath.
4. Although it is not strictly prohibited, yet it is advisable not to wear Rudrakshas during sex although there are different conflicting views given in the Ancient Texts regarding this.
5. Rudrakshas should not be worn while going to funerals or cremation grounds. However, if you forget to remove them while attending a funeral then you should clean the Rudraksha bead with mild soap and water and thereafter wear it once again while chanting ” Om Namaha Shivaya “.
6. The Rudraksha beads may be cleaned periodically after a period of 1-2 months or when you feel that they need to be cleaned. For this, the beads should be dipped in Luke warm water and very mild soap for around an hour after which they can be gently cleaned with a very soft fiber brush under a stream of clean water. One should never use strong detergents or very hot / boiling water. Thereafter, the bead should be kept on a soft absorbent cloth or tissue paper for drying. Once the beads have dried up then you may apply small quantities of Almond oil / Olive oil to the bead preferably with the help of a soft brush.
7. Rudraksha should not be worn during shower / bath since the beads may get damaged if exposed to water and soap on a daily basis.
8. Females should avoid using Rudraksha for 3-4 days when nature is at its work.
9. Any types of dietary habits like Non-veg, Alcohol or Smoking does not decreases or gives harm while wearing the Rudrakshas.
10. Rudrakshas should not be shared / exchanged from one person to another person after it has been worn. But it can be willed and passed on to the next generation.
11. If the thread gets broken while wearing, you can change a new thread and start wearing the Rudraksha once again.
12. Anyone can wear Rudraksha Beads without any discrimination of Sex, Caste or Creed.
13. A person can wear any number of same mukhi / different mukhi Rudraksha Beads in one single Mala.
14. Rudrakshas can be kept in house, office, factory, work place or Puja Room for getting positive energy. However, care should be taken to keep them properly in a clean place.
15. Rudraksha is best if worn in the Red, Yellow or White colored thread or it can be worn in Silver, Gold, Copper or Mixed metal.
16. The Rudrakshas are best worn around Neck so that they are touching the heart area. However, they can also be worn around the arm or wrist.
17. Once you start wearing the Rudraksha, wear it continuously throughout your life with full confidence and faith. One should never loose faith in Rudraksha since it is bound to give its positive effects. However, if Rudrakshas are worn on & off then a person may not be able to get their proper results. Although, the exact timings and level of effects can be substantially variable with person to person.